This city, once divided into East and West, has two international airports: Tegel and Schonefeld. Your Berlin flight will most likely land in Tegel, as Schonefeld hosts mostly charter flights these days. Tegel was designed to be convenient, and you will find anything you need at the information center. Most travelers take either buses, the Underground, or taxis to get to and from the airport.
Getting Around in Berlin
If you use public transport, then you should know that the city is divided into three zones. These zones are served by the Underground as well as buses. There are ferries to take you where the trains can't go. Taxis are plentiful, but they are not the bright yellow cars that Americans are used to seeing. Instead, the taxis are beige and have a sign on the top. You can rent a car and drive yourself, but Berlin can be a confusing city for the newcomer. Berliners themselves prefer to bike, and you can do that also. It's a safe and environmental way to explore the city.
Main Attractions in Berlin
While East and West Berlin have been reunited for a while now, you can still visit the Berlin Wall that once kept them apart. The Eastern Center is a great place to see old-style architecture, and the Eastern suburbs have a lot of interesting character. They are also the location of some of the best hotels and restaurants in the city. If you time your cheap flight to Berlin correctly, you will be able to see the Berlin Love parade. People from all over Berlin participate by dressing wildly and marching to techno music.
If you saved money on your airfare to Berlin, you'll probably want to do some shopping. There are a variety of places you can go to find great souvenirs. Consider Potsdamer Platz Arkaden in the heart of Berlin. There are more than 130 stores there. Friedrichstrasse is the place for high-end and artsy shopping. In addition to that, Berlin has flea markets and second-hand shops as well.
Like most big cities, Berlin has a wide range of restaurants to choose from. Traditional German, American, African, and Asian restaurants abound in the city. Marjellchen is a romantic restaurant featuring German cuisine. Saigon and More has been said to serve the best Vietnamese fare. After dinner, there is no better nightlife in the world than in Berlin. From theater to nightclubs where people party until the next morning, there is something for everyone in Berlin. Book your flight to Berlin today.
Berlin, Germany's capital city, is a must see for everyone. Those fortunate enough to visit this quirky metropolis will find it practical but beautiful, artistic yet down-to-earth, energetic yet laid-back.
Immerse yourself in Berlin's rich history; explore the Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie and the stunning Brandenburg Gate. Enjoy a coffee under a row of Linden trees and watch the world go by. Indulge yourself with some of the best cake in Western Europe.
Berlin has an excellent and punctual transport system. However, the best way to get around is to do as Berliners do and hop on a bicycle. You can rent one for a very reasonable price. After a day of biking around this exciting city you'll be more than ready for a cool beer in a cool bar!
Browse for the best prices on flights to Berlin. Search for cheap flights from over 600 airlines and top travel agents and book directly with the airline or travel agent.
Skyscanner is quick and easy so you can search for the lowest flight prices then book directly by clicking through to the airline or travel agency site.
If your planning a trip to Berlin and are looking for a hotel in Berlin then Skyscannner can help you find your ideal hotel to suit your budget.
If you are landing at Schoenefeld. Tegel or Brandenburg airport. flights to Berlin from the UK are frequent and many carriers fly to Berlin.
"Welcome to our airport guide for Berlin Schönefeld (SXF).We look forward to seeing you here, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to approach any member of staff. Have a great flight!” (Holger, Airport Manager)
1. Check-in online
- Whether you are travelling with cabin bag only or hold luggage, please check in online.
- You can check in online and print your boarding pass from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
2. Bag Drop
- We depart from both Terminal A and B.
- In Terminal B, our Bag Drop is located on the ground floor.
- In Terminal A, our Bag Drop is located on the 1 st Floor. Only selective flights depart from this terminal so please check the airport departure displays.
- Our sales desk is situated in Terminal B.
- From Terminal B proceed to security which is situated adjacent to desk 20 and then take stairs to Departure Area on 1 st floor, featuring food, shopping and duty free outlets.
- We use gates 57-65 in Pier 3A. All gates are pre-boarding zones.
- All Pier 3A gates have vending machines for drinks and snacks, with toilet facilities (also disabled) also available.
- All arrivals come into Pier 3A, where you take the stairs to first floor and follow signs to baggage reclaim in Terminal A.
- Arrivals from non-Schengen countries must pass the passport control.
- Toilet facilities are available once in baggage reclaim.
- Berlin Schönefeld is a ‘silent’ terminal, which means announcements are not normally made.
- You will board your aircraft via steps only, and some may require a short bus journey to the aircraft.
- Terminal B pre-security can become crowded during peak times, so please arrive in plenty of time for your flight.
- In Terminal A passenger baggage screening is done before you proceed to our Bag Drop.
For more detailed information on on the airport view terminal map .
Find a great deal on car rental from the airport with our car rental partner Europcar.
Take a look at our selection of comfortable and convenient airport hotels .
Find out more information on travelling to and from the airport including details on local bus and train services.
Remember to check in online and print your boarding pass for your flight. The service is free and is available from 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
Cabin bags only?
If you only have cabin bags you can head straight to the departure gate. Remember to check in online 30 days and up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure and to print your boarding pass ready for your flight.
If you have hold luggage, check in online and print your boarding pass, then once at the airport, take your bags to one of the easyJet 'Bag drop' desks located in the departure hall.
If you have any specific needs or access requirements during your trip, please let us know online or by calling 0843 224 4165, no later than 48 hours before your scheduled departure time.